SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me what operating system do you need to run the vtune. I dont have a laptop as of yet, but im about to go get one as to purchase from Brian...Hopefully he will respond soon.

Also, can the speed limit be set higher for my 06 s/c 9-3? This is mandatory for my willness to lock it in with this upgrade

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Any windows operating system and i believe the limiter can be removed

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any windows operating system and i believe the limiter can be removed
thanks, im pondering the thought of getting get....i have a few $$ and i want vtune to assist in the decision with some good answers. The last i remember view he was gonna see if software folks are gonna release the code. I so ready for this mode, but it would really suck if i only can go to the low speed limiter...:cry:

·
Registered
111 Posts
according to this thread (by VTuner)...the speed limiter will stay at stock (which for your '06 is 135mph)
He thought that he could increase it, but turned out not to be able to yet.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175869

Very unfortunate news to report this morning before I get expectations up any more than I already have. After testing this weekend I found that I am not able to adjust the speed limiter yet and I should have tested this further before posting it up.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
ooooh you want to exceed that 130 mph limiter huh:lol: I've done it a couple of times.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Unless you guys are on a circuit or a standing mile I dont see how removing the limiter will benefit anything...

Except for the top speed highway runs lol... Some of you guys are crazy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not that i run or race my car at those speeds often, its just that it is a good feeling not to speed money on an upgrade and another vehicle gets your buttons pushed but you cant keep up the smile as you tear the other up fully...:p

I have a story of a race with what appeared to be a modified vehicle, chevy monte carlo late sorta year, and around 125 he stayed in front of my friend on a straight highway not much traffic...this is when i was like WOW! top end SUX.

Yes i think im about to order from Brian, but i havent seen or heard a reply. Are their anyone else that is gonna purchase this upgrade and maybe get a group buy...;)

And plz do not judge. we do things because we can or want, and for me i take responsiblity for my judgements out on the roadways.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not that i run or race my car at those speeds often, its just that it is a good feeling not to speed money on an upgrade and another vehicle gets your buttons pushed but you cant keep up the smile as you tear the other up fully...:p

I have a story of a race with what appeared to be a modified vehicle, chevy monte carlo late sorta year, and around 125 he stayed in front of my friend on a straight highway not much traffic...this is when i was like WOW! top end SUX.

Yes i think im about to order from Brian, but i havent seen or heard a reply. Are their anyone else that is gonna purchase this upgrade and maybe get a group buy...;)

And plz do not judge. we do things because we can or want, and for me i take responsiblity for my judgements out on the roadways.

Man this early morning typing with those typo seems as though i can not speak proper english...Hope no english major student is reading this...lol:cool:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
No judging to be done, if I am going to spend 750(vtune) to 1100(bsr tune for 2.8) then I would go with bsr just for the fact that I know i can get past 130mph, if it weren't possible to remove the speed limiter with any tune then I wouldn't purchase any of them. Why pay to increase my power if I still am just going to be able to go the same speed. I don't punch the gas when i'm rolling through town, don't like drawing attention to myself, just like to open it up when I get out on long trips and I typically prefer to start my trips at night so the highways are empty so I don't risk putting anybody else in the position to be affected by my decisions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Of course that is my point as well but on the flip side I appreciate the lil guy who is up n coming. I've actually been pondering the thought of his and BSR I'm leaning towards BSR just for that simple fact though the price is steep.
The reason I'm leaning BSR it's 2-reasons, no lap top and increased top speed.
Think it will be purchased today unless I get a (real free)
lap. Lol

·
Registered
830 Posts
135 mph is 217km/h. An easily reachable speed for a 2.0T or 2.8T.
Maptuner can also change the speed limiter as the BSR PPC does.
I have set it to 270Km/h om my car but I was not able to get more than 245Km/h, which is 152mph. But the 140 mph (225Km/h) is very easily attainable. I have seen it many times and fairly quickly.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
No judging to be done, if I am going to spend 750(vtune) to 1100(bsr tune for 2.8) then I would go with bsr just for the fact that I know i can get past 130mph, if it weren't possible to remove the speed limiter with any tune then I wouldn't purchase any of them. Why pay to increase my power if I still am just going to be able to go the same speed. I don't punch the gas when i'm rolling through town, don't like drawing attention to myself, just like to open it up when I get out on long trips and I typically prefer to start my trips at night so the highways are empty so I don't risk putting anybody else in the position to be affected by my decisions.
Isn't the BSR tune well under $1000 now? I thought I saw $820 or so a while back.

And I agree with your statement. Another factor to consider is that with a tune on the V6 you hit that limiter quite quickly. Unlike the 2.0, it does not take long to get going high speeds.
The top speed is supposed 157 mph which sounds about right. I had mine going over 140 mph and it was still going surprisingly.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Dont worry Im not judging you guys, just saying some of your are crazy lol
Im not gonna tell you how to drive, I cant stand when people do that.
I love speed, but im not gonna do 135mph on a dark quiet highway... We have deer in NY and I've already hit two in my 6 years of driving. To be technical one hit me (yes i got side swiped by a deer lmao) and I hit one but thats beside the point.

Me personally I would go with vtune way before bsr, one is cheaper... 2 I never liked what BSR did with the 4cyl's when it came to the tunes, and 3rd it seems vtune has a much better torque curve, with more power and tunes for future upgrades.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
its that LIMITER thingy that i can not get pass besides i dont have a laptop readly available unless i go purchase one....grrr

Hey vtuner if your reading this.......get that fixed in the next four days before i go bsr...lol

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
How about just a good extension cord haha. Then you're all set.

·
Registered
879 Posts
1) I thought are speed limiter was 155mph NOT 130mph...

2) I'm pretty sure Brian can remove a limiter very simply.

3) The gains from VTune are leaps and bounds above BSR's "conservative" tune.. he has over 40,000 miles on his car using his stage 1 and stage 2 software with stage 2 hardware, I'm pretty sure the 2.8T can survive the stage 0 pressure pretty well.

4) WHY go with BSR over Vtune if Vtune can remove the limiter? Vtune is cheaper, and gives you more power, better customer service.

seems easy to me...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts