SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got myself a Saab 9-3 2.0T cabriolet 2004.
Just before I picked it up, there were a problem with CIM and it was changed by the seller. (Saab service man with Tech2)
The problem I am facing now, the car complains about wrong VIN for one ECUs, and readings from Tech2 says that I must add BCM. I guess there has been done a mistake when typing new VIN, because when connecting Tech2 I must choose a valid VIN. One is correct: YS3FD79….. the other one is YS3^D7P…
When I am trying to add new BCM, I need security access, but this is not possible because of two different VIN numbers. (normally I have no problem with Security Access)
What do I do?
Can I first chose to remove BCM and try to add it later? Will I then get valid security access?
My worry is if I remove something, I am not able to add it because of the issue with VIN numbers.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, if I disconnect the BCM i do get security access. But when connecting BCM (need to connect to add) security access has an problem due to different VIN between car and BCM. Is there a way of changing VIN for BCM? I need security access to remove the BCM with tech2 also...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts