SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for new tires for the Viggen and I am tempted to stay with the Michelin PS2s as they've been the best tires I've ever used. Then again, I don't mind trying something new so my search has led me to the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta which appears to be a very nice looking tire....but.....I'm really not impressed with their website. How can I take them seriously if they don't publish specs. such as tire dimensions and weight? I'm using 18" rims on the car and need this info to properly size and fit a tire.

So I'd like to know...has anyone used these tires or any Verdestein tires and what's there opinion? From the on-line reviews and such I'd guess they are more of a bling than peformance tire.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Right now, I'm running Vredestein Quatracs on my '94 900S. They were a cheaper alternative than Nokian WRG2s for an all weather tire. I'm liking the levels of grip it offers in snow (close to a winter tire) and it has decent summer traction. Managed to put a nail through one already, only had them for 10,000 miles. No issues as far as I can see. I'm happy with my purchase.

I have a feeling that the reason they may be thought of as a bling tire is that the company is nowhere near the size of Michelin and doesn't pump its money into things like F1 racing and such. The Ultrac Sessantas have a tread pattern designed by Guigiaro, which makes you think of design, but don't forget that Guigiaro is an engineering firm as well. So while that tire has a 'look', don't forget that the look has a purpose as well.

But that's just my little experience ;ol; Did you check other European car forums on their take? And as far as specs, I had to call their US office to get the UTQG numbers (not on the site), and the gentleman I spoke with was very cooperative. I'm sure they'll tell you anything you want to know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts