SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, the radio in my 1997 900 SE Turbo Convertible has a funky problem with the radio. Everything works fine with the radio except the volume control. When I turn on the radio (push the button), it plays whatever station it's on with a medium sound level. When I try and turn the volume up or down, nothing happens.

Anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks for any pointers
Mike

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
try the NG forum. but basically all/most radio switches/controls are now electrical not manual(turn knob type) and if the contact fail/burn out etc the item will stay at that setting just like you window motor if that failed halfway up/down, but at least a window switch can be repaired/cleaned an electrical switch on a radio is not(practical costs for a replacement) Get a new radio
Just remembered this.
Has it a CD changer linked with it? it might be that the wiring RED and WHITE leads(if the twin in /out leads) have been put in the wrong bit on back of head unit, as I did this once, LOL, everything works OK but vol level is whatever it is. quickest/ easiest try out is to take leads out of cd changer,(as this will break the loop/circuit) and rad should then work ok, if so remove radio and put the red and white in/out wires in to the other red white outputs, as I think other set is for/to another AMP

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
in my experience if it's stuck on a low volume it's a blown amplifier

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.