SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using SkiFi in my last couple of BMWs and now I just purchased a 9-3 Aero last week. I would prefer to ditch the bulkiness of the SkiFi and use a commander. My question to you is: How easy is it to get the storage tray (I know you are using the ash tray) out and route the wiring? I would be doing the exact same install as you did through my center console AUX port and the hide away box would be stuck in behind the left side panel as it appears you did in some of your pics. I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide to help me do DIY on this. I also am mounting my remote display for my Valentine One radar detector in this area so I want to make sure I know what I am tackling before I get into a new car. Thank you in advance. I really like all the info you have already provided on this forum.

BL

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Thanks, and welcome to Saabcentral. A few of us have done this mod.

If you need to take out the storage tray, see Saba's guide: http://members.iinet.net.au/~mmo/AshTray/ashtray.htm
I think the basic premise is the same.

From a previous post (I think finklejag's):
You will see a little tab on the left side. With a screwdriver, gently lift the tab. Pull the left side of the Tray out. Then twist the Tray to the right to release the other clip. Pull the unit out. The ashtray just slides right in. You will have to disconnect & reconnect the electrical leads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts