SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Over the past couple years a lot of the links to software and guides has became broken so it has been increasingly difficult to get everything setup to use the Tech-II.
in order to try to help with this I have uploaded my VM config file and associated VDI to my google drive and made it accessible for anyone who needs it to download.
All you should have to do is install Virtual box and the optional plugins then load the VM config and assign the VDI.
If you have any questions or need help just let me know and ill respond as soon as i can.
FYI the VDI is quite large at 10GB so be prepared for a long wait if you internet isn't all that great.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi there. I'm not an especially techy person but does this Virtual Box option allow me to use a modern-ish laptop (e.g. - running Windows 10) to install Global TIS or other software to run a Tech 2? I've been holding off on buying a Tech 2 because I just can't bring myself to buy an old *** laptop for the thing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there. I'm not an especially techy person but does this Virtual Box option allow me to use a modern-ish laptop (e.g. - running Windows 10) to install Global TIS or other software to run a Tech 2? I've been holding off on buying a Tech 2 because I just can't bring myself to buy an old *** laptop for the thing.
Hey tanny... Short answer, yes. Virtualbox is making a virtual computer and the software is already installed in the VM I shared. You can download and install virtual box on just about any operating system. For example I am running the it off of my window 11 laptop but the virtual machine is using Windows 98. You'll need a serial to USB adapter to connect the tech2 but that should be about it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's rad! I may just finally get a cloned Tech 2 now. :) Really, really appreciate you putting this up. While the stickied threads are great I have found that some of the links aren't working and that gave me some pause.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts