SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 60 of 271 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ok I need an official headcount

and if we want to setup an event of here and on facebook to try and pull a few more people to get tuned
Those here:

-yellowbird
-messiguy01
-frankem3
-mrrx-7tt
-devpts

grkguy89 and/or myself will coordinate facebook coverage as well to pull in a few more.
You can add 4 more to the list. I have signed up some SAAB guys, who are not on the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey guys, just letting everybody know that a trip to virgina is in the works for me the second week of November! i hope to see everybody then!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
We have two track day events setup for October:

1) Friday October 14th 2016 - Dominion Raceway, just outside of
Fredericksburg, Va. 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Jim L(Driving Club Director) and
Steve B(track owner) have worked out "TestDrive" and "Touring Laps"
sessions for newcomers to get onto the track. The TestDrive is $99 for
a 30 minute track session, with an in-car instructor -- passing allowed.
The "Touring Laps" is $25 for a 30 minute track session -- no passing.
You must signup in advance for these events and your car must pass a
basic track safety inspection, prior to the event. This is a new 2.0 mile
counterclockwise track, 36 feet wide, with 12 turns.

There will also be an "After Work Party" in the main clubhouse facility,
at 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM in the "118 Bar and Grill". We have free
parking and free admission to the live concert.

Here is a video link from last weeks session. J "Dub" was clocking 131
on the straight coming out of the tunnel in his M3:

2) Sunday October 16th 2016 - Richmond International Raceway 12:00
noon - 3:00 PM. $20/5 lap sessions on the 3/4 mile "D" oval. Show up
and DRIVE!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
dominion looks too bouncy for my taste (more worried about others, not me)
they need to work on smoothing the rough spots
@grkguy89:

You have a great eye!! All of the experienced track guys were saying the same thing. More than a few people were having issues running off of the track, which was causing loose debris to be thrown onto the track -- which brought about more hazards -- traction issues and debris being kicked up on trailing cars. It got to the point where the track stewards had to issue warnings to remove anyone that ran off of the track, more than once.

They do need to resurface the track and properly setup the runoff areas with grass.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
In talks with Matt @ Krona and with SEMA coming up, we're looking at a shop visit mid-late November. Anticipating Nov. 19-20 as best date given tuning day and Thanksgiving.
@messiguy01:

Thanks for all of your help setting up this event. I'm really looking forward to this one --- keep us posted!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
MikeD Tuning Session

***Special Note about the upcoming MikeD Tuning Session***

If you have already signed up for this event or you are planning to sign up, please contact MikeD. He needs to know what car you are bringing, what you would like done and he will need to get you setup in a specific time slot, for your tuning session.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Shot you a text Jeff. I was hitting 70-75 on the straights in my stg 2 Aero auto, though not going balls to the walls. 50-55 on the bank feels like 100+

5 Laps goes by too fast but it's still a fun experience being on a Nascar track, in a convoy of other Saabs.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Dominion looks like too much fun. What kind of speed can you reach on the 3/4 mile track in Richmond ?

@Jeffreywp1:

The Dominion Raceway road course is definitely a lot of fun, however, we have a lot of fun at RIR as well.

You should be able to reach around 90 mph at RIR, without pushing the envelope too much, in a proper SAAB. Hydro regularly gets up to 120 mph with relative ease and there is a pair of beasty Chevy Camaros, that come out from time-to-time and they often push it to 135+ mph --- you do run up on the walls pretty quick on the short oval!!

...hope you can get out to RIR with us this coming Sunday at noon.

·
Registered
901 Posts
@Jeffreywp1:

The Dominion Raceway road course is definitely a lot of fun, however, we have a lot of fun at RIR as well.

You should be able to reach around 90 mph at RIR, without pushing the envelope too much, in a proper SAAB. Hydro regularly gets up to 120 mph with relative ease and there is a pair of beasty Chevy Camaros, that come out from time-to-time and they often push it to 135+ mph --- you do run up on the walls pretty quick on the short oval!!

...hope you can get out to RIR with us this coming Sunday at noon.
Can confirm... I was easily able to get 95+ in my STG1 'vert. With a bit more experience on the Sprint track I would have pushed harder. I could feel the tires slipping a bit out of turn one when I pushed over 100. So, there's that.

·
Registered
694 Posts
After 3 months of much travel I'm back in the DC area and hoping to meet up with you guys at the upcoming events. Please let me know if there are any e-mail lists or FB groups to watch out for.

Also interested in Mike D revising his existing road tune on my '95 vert to account for a TD04 and Bosch green giants.

41 - 60 of 271 Posts