SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the Plugs NGK regular ( i diddnt gap them just put them in from box) and all brand new Bougicord wires, Bosh Cap & Rotor
after the tune up the idle got worse

I've had a erratic / fluxuative idle so I cleaned off my Water Coolant Temp Sensor which was grimey.. and cleaned out the AIC valve with carb cleaner and it worked good for a few days ...effectively decreasing the fluxuative nature of the idle.

now its not just the idle ... when i drive its starting to have a occacsional violent cutting in and out upon acceleration ... and very violent fluxuations upond idle

so my next step is maybe replace the coolant temp sensor and replace all my vacuum lines ...
I know i need my front motor mount replaced and its on order ... I'm thinking the violent idle / revs would not be so brutal with a good motor mount too.
Could a bad fuel filter be a likely cause of this as well ?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Take the plugs out, regap them to the lower end of the spec (.24 or .024 or something like that IIRC), and replace. Then look for vacuum leaks in the tubing connected to the throttle body and intake manifold, as well as the devices connected to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts