SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i tell extally what my saab is... dealer says 93 aero 2.8l v6 turbo but it has a 2.0t badge and no aero badge...undder the hood it says v6 turbo so it has to be a 2.8 right? but than why the 2.0 badge????? HELP!!

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
If the car was used and in an accident, perhaps the wrong badge(s) were replaced. Don't forget, carfax.com only uses information that was provided to them. If the information was not provided, they don't know any better... Ron

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Get the information from a Saab dealer. Several things are possible; when you say dealer, was it a Saab dealer or a used car dealer?

Worst case, you bought "clip", which would probably be from a used car lot. There are ways to "launder" a title that would hide the fact that it was a total or a salvage vehicle. Most states require the title to be coded. However, if you title a car in "X" and then title it again in "Y", it's possible to launder the "S" off of the title. A clip is where you join the halves of two vehicles, front and rear.

Better case is that the car was tagged and the trunk and perhaps bumper were replaced.

My radar is up a bit on this because a Saab dealer should have picked up on the wrong badges. My understanding is that you can change badges with a hair dryer but you need to get to the bottom of this. A "clip" is a major safety issue IMHO.

A long time ago my father in law was working at GM and they were like all "whoop and holler" over the new quality initiative. When they went to lunch in a company car all of the badges and insignia on the right side of the car were Olds and the left side were Buick Electra. Same car and the line never stops but you have to wonder if any made it to the dealers?

There is a huge difference between the 2.8 and 2.0 and you can't swap shrouds or covers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the help..yea i know its a 2.8t but im still not sure why theres a 2.0t badge on the trunk and no aero badge...anyone know where i can get the correct badges? and placement of them??

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
thanks for the help..yea i know its a 2.8t but im still not sure why theres a 2.0t badge on the trunk and no aero badge...anyone know where i can get the correct badges? and placement of them??
well they probably lifted the trunk from a wrecked saab off ebay or somthing. most places can sell you the new badges i belive genuine saab carries them so does the saab site saab parts usa might have them, and state of nine might carry them

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think the badge is the least of your problems.... i would really investigate what happened to your car, if the VIN does nto match the engine there was obviously a swap at some point and it is absolutely impretaive from the safety perspective what and how was swapped on the car. I just hope your car has not been put together from three different wrecks...
Good luck!

i still couldnt find any 2.8t badges....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea no crashes carfax says its 100% legit. the dealership says the guy put that badge on bc it looked cooler than the aero... hes gay, im getting and aero badge. thanks for all the help guys... pics to come soon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts