SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to paint the plastic center caps of the early Viking wheels? Mine are looking pretty ratty.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

-Mike

·
Registered
465 Posts
I used Rustoleum silver wheel paint and finished them with a Rustoleum wheel protection clear coat. That was two years ago and they still look good. I used a fine emery cloth to get rid if the flaking and chips. I did the wheels at the same time and they also held up.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
For what little time I ran OG 15" 15-spoke wheels on my old 900S, I painted mine matte black with silver SAAB letters for fun. Gave the wheels and car (both silver) a contrasting and more quirky look. Could have some fun and try to paint match the caps to your car if it's not silver, but that's just me being weird and different.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
For what little time I ran OG 15" 15-spoke wheels on my old 900S, I painted mine matte black with silver SAAB letters for fun. Gave the wheels and car (both silver) a contrasting and more quirky look. Could have some fun and try to paint match the caps to your car if it's not silver, but that's just me being weird and different.
Silver and black - great contrast, the Oakland Raiders colors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used Rustoleum silver wheel paint and finished them with a Rustoleum wheel protection clear coat. That was two years ago and they still look good. I used a fine emery cloth to get rid if the flaking and chips. I did the wheels at the same time and they also held up.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts