SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased these wheels and decided i was going to refinish them, since they were scratched up a bit when they were straightened, unfortunately though i have to get rid of them. So i decided i'd just show u guys what they look like whilei am doing the work and stuff...there's a comparison of the stock wheel to the one we started to refinish.... the pictures dont do them justice, but imagine a nice silver finish;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Are you refinishing them yourself?

They look brighter, I'm not sure how this will look once on the car though.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my father paints for a living so he is walking me and a car bud of mine through everything and he is overseeing the whole process... he mixed us a very special paint, including epoxy, that he claims is INDESTRUCTIBLE.... we shall see....:cheesy:

so far so good though....

·
Registered
483 Posts
looking good man...now that its summer I am defently planning on coming up more often, and we have to get some cool projects going on that we can both get into

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he did body work for about 10 yrs then got into industrial painting, for the passed 20 sum odd years...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Rico, did you say you were getting rid of them? I could use some Vig wheels with indestructible paint :cheesy:

They look great.

I'm still not quite sure what color Vig wheels are supposed to be. The blue one around town looks like it almost has chrome Vig wheels, while mine look like a silver or aluminum finish...:confused: Uh, with some curb rash:roll:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i should have pics later today or even tomorrow maybe... we'll see and if u want em they're yours lol... for the right price

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here are the new pics of a different finish we went with... the "indestructible" one... my dad said this paint will not come off, unless u actually try... it is a polyurethane/epoxy mix....

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Hey Rico...That looks amazing. You Dad does serious work.

How much would your Dad charge to paint my Viggen wheels the same way? I'm looking to sell them -- after you get rid of yours, of course! -- and I think a snazzy paint job will help the resale value. Hit me with a PM!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill ask him man.. u have been nothing but help to me and others on this board with ideas... greatly appreciated.. he is not home at the moment but should b back shortly so ill find out and let u know asap...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Wow. I'll hold my final opinon until I see em on your car to see the brightness. But they definatly have a look of quality at this point!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
they are not going on my car.... i am selling them, as i have the other wheels ;) now.... they are sooo freakin nice though.. i am so pissed..

MIKE my dad said he will paint one for u as a test mule and if u dont like it... no charge, since u will have to have it recoated...anyway.. but i am sure u wont be dissapointed lol.....:cool:

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
I actually think the more matte silver look of the painted wheels works better than the stock finish....

I think I might be road-tripping to Connecticut sometime soon!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts