SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get some viggen-esqe wheels for my 9-5. My understanding is that they should fit without a problem. I have heard that they bend easily however. Does anyone know of an alternative from an aftermarket manufacturer which looks similar but is stronger?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I feel your pain. I wanted the Viggen rims fitted to my Aero when I bought it but no way - different bolt pattern and some other specs wouldn't allow it.

I recently bought a set of these that I found after some searching. I think they come pretty close to the Viggen look - they actually look more like the Viggen items when they are on the car. They fit perfectly!

http://www.radius-autotech.com/OnLineCatalog/r1.htm

Interestingly enough Radius belongs to Fondmetal which makes catalog-numbered rims for Saab.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
ricot83 said:
i have viggen wheels for sale on ebay... ;)
Please do NOT use the forums for advertising, there is a free classifieds section and a PM facility should you wish to contact someone directly :nono;

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Viggen is the highest model of the 9-3. Basically an Aero engine in a 9-3.

·
Registered
610 Posts
S to the E to the ARCH....

use the search
not that people dont like answering questions...like the oil filter being used was legit..dont usually see someone ask that one..but even google knows what a viggen is http://www.forbes.com/2001/06/11/0611test.html...searched google, and it was the 5th one down on the list.
so next time just search. im not trying to be a d*ck, but its actually less typing for you and you will learn more you will read about stuff that might actually help you with your own car by reading what other people have had issues/questions with...
enough of me,
have a nice night

Nick

·
Registered
636 Posts
StX221 said:

use the search
not that people dont like answering questions...like the oil filter being used was legit..dont usually see someone ask that one..but even google knows what a viggen is http://www.forbes.com/2001/06/11/0611test.html...searched google, and it was the 5th one down on the list.
so next time just search. im not trying to be a d*ck, but its actually less typing for you and you will learn more you will read about stuff that might actually help you with your own car by reading what other people have had issues/questions with...
enough of me,
have a nice night

Nick
Mike, like Nick said, we arent trying to be dicks, but it is very helpful to search. when i first starting using this forum, i looked at almost every thread in the 9-5 section. youll learn a ton of things, then if you still have questions, feel free to ask :cheesy:

·
Registered
610 Posts
saabnc said:
Mike, like Nick said, we arent trying to be dicks, but it is very helpful to search. when i first starting using this forum, i looked at almost every thread in the 9-5 section. youll learn a ton of things, then if you still have questions, feel free to ask :cheesy:

Haha....YES. thats exactly what i'm saying...like if you search for a half hour and find nothing, then ask, but chances are someone else has already asked it.

Nick

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
StX221 said:

use the search
enough of me,
have a nice night

Nick
hey nick, just be nicer about it thanks. i understand that i may ask stupid and dumb things. I'm just a very gregarious and loquacious person.

~Mike

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
StX221 said:

use the search

Nick
Nick certain other forms use this phrase as their stock answer and we believe that sucks, so you wont find us doing that on here. If someone takes the time to ask a question, we try and take the time to answer it or find the answer.

Hardly any "brand new questions" come up, so every thread could be met with a reply saying "Do a seach" and the community would fall apart as no relationships would build.

In a very rushed world the most valuable thing we can give is our time, so thats why we are here, free of charge, to help ;)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Viggen wheels will fit
XAA, I wish you were around when I bought the sucker.

Actually, I'm kind of glad I didn't get them cuz the Radius/Moda rims I now have are 7.5" wide (vs Viggens' 7") which allow me to run 235/45/17 Yoko's on them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hate to BTT an ancient thread like this, but does anyone have pictures of a 9-5 (preferably a lighter color) with Viggen wheels? I found one while browsing through all the pages of the "post your 9-5 pics" thread, but it was black. Would help to see a lighter color to really visualize.

I've come across a set that would be essentially free to me, they even have tires. Tempted...

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
If they are essentially free do you, what can you lose? Man viggen rims would be nice. Bent 10-spokes suck :/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts