SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put this in their 9K? what footprint is it?. .what style is the exhaust flange? and .. how did it work?

just an idea from a friend
thanks

-=tristan=-

·
Registered
99 Posts
I do know this for a fact but I have heard it is slightly smaller than the standard Aero turbo. Also the lines are different so you would have to get now lines at least. The exhaust bolt pattern on the newer cars appears to be different but I am not positive.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
to my knowlagde the viggen turbo is not a good as the 9000 aero turbo so it is a little pointless unless you have one and want to replace the T25 with it as to whether it would fit there are some fitment issues you would have to deal with like the suction pipe from the filter has a flange that bolts to the turbo on the 9-3 instead of the hose fitment the 9000 has

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. my friend and i were discussing the possibility of the aero turbo as well.. this is a down-the-road project, but i figure getting info early can't help :D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh, and is the aero turbo a direct fit?.. or am i going to have to modify it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
The aero should be a direct bolt in. According to the EPC though the oil, oil drain tube, and coolant lines are different. So you would need to soure one. IF you decide to go Aero route PM me. I have a brand new one hanging around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts