SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have searched, and read, and searched, I find different views, and I feel confused :confused: .

I have a 2002 93 convertible, the S option (similar to the SE in the US but without the skirts and that) (See photos of my ride).
What I want to know is if the ride will be improved in two areas if I change my springs for the Viggen convertible springs..

I have all 4 Viggen cvt springs from a friend, but my doubts are:

- Will I ride lower than my stock springs? (Even though the Viggen was 50 pounds heavier than mine?)
- Will they be harder? (I read somewhere, that they were 15% harder on the front and 25% harder on the rear)

See, I don't want to spend the amount of time and energy changing them just to discover that I have the same height and ride...

Your opinions and views will be highly aprieciated. (and no, I cannot fit H&R or Eibach's as it lowers too much my ride, and it does not clear my garage ramp :x )
Thanks to all, :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
You will see a small drop but nothing significant. It will drop your S model about 10mm. If you are looking for a drop, these aren't the springs for you. If you want better handling, they are a little stiffer and will give you a slightly harder ride. If you use them, go ahead and swap the struts while you have them out. It's a PITA.

Why are you wanting to change them? Are you looking for handling or height? Or Both?

To me it wouldn't be worth the time and energy for the VERY SMALL gains you'd see. I'd save up and get the Eibach Kit or the Vogtland set if you want a bigger drop.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.