SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my vig to stop cutting out under full load but now it wont hold max psi. It's got a bcb stage 2 and peaks at 20lbs but slowly drops back to 15 or sometimes 10 and it feels under powered. What all could this issue? I have yet to find a boost pipe leak. It also threw a code for the maf sensor but its literally brand new.

Things I replaced/did recently-
Maf
CPS
Dic
Fuel pump
Fpr
Head completely redone

"I am still reading and learning, I am not an expert at all"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,906 Posts
I would look for an air /boost leak. If you have access to a smoke machine that works best to find the leak. Does the BCB have OpenSID? If so you can check Air Request VS Actual and see if T7 is limiting boost or you have a leak. Based on your P0101 I think you have a leak...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately it does not as I plan of having it tuned in shortly, I just got the tune a little before winter hit. So smoke test through in take then right? (Am looking it up now as well)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did a smoke test and cant seem to find any leaks, is there any other test to try?

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Which RPMs you get 20 psi and which RPMs you get 15 psi...
Trionic7 is air mass based and boost will drop when RPMs get higher.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Did you open the throttle plate during the smoke test? I once had a significant leak at the intake manifold connection to the head, which presented as a MAF problem. Good luck with the Vig!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't even hit 20 anymore, and no I did not open it, smoke testing and what not is still a bit new to me

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Wait, you completely redid the head. I assume that means you replaced the intake gasket. That makes it less likely to be the intake gasket. Could certainly be a small vacuum line disconnected though. Should probably still smoke the intake and see if theres a leak there if you can. this sounds like more than ECU controlled boost taper.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go back to basics and check the mechanics of the BCV, wastegate and turbo. If you unplug the BCV it should run wastegate pressure.

Have you modified any of the boost control PID values?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts