SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to Saab ownership and pretty excited about it. It's good to see there are plenty of loyal fans. It seems to be pretty hard to find reliable information about modifying a Viggen. I own a 2001 Viggen convertible with 72k on the odometer. I've ordered a rescue kit but need help upping the power a bit. Does anybody out there have good information about chipping a Viggen or upping turbo boost? I'm looking for budget friendly ways to gain a little bit of performance. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the proper forums! ;) First off I want to say there are several ways to make good amounts of power with the Viggen, if the stock power isn't enough for you, which for me it is right now. You definitely want to head over to www.genuinesaab.com and see all the nice shiny stuff they have for these cars. I didn't pay good enough attention to where you were located but if you're anywhere near Missouri it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to go see Nick at GS, he's a pretty smart cookie when it comes to these cars and Saab's in general. If you're out east, Jak is definitely the guy to see, his website is jakstollperformance.com. Also, another very smart guy when it comes to these cars. I'd get more information on these websites, but we always like to help and we have a search feature here. You can check out the forums for anyone else asking about 'viggen power' or whatever and see what you find, I'm sure there's stuff out there. Good luck, and don't be shy or afraid to ask us questions!

jerel

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I would have thought a 3" DP and cat or even a full 3" exhaust system is the first mod on these cars. Whatever mods you do or plan in the future all require this as a 'foundation' for more power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts