SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I know this might not be in the correct post, but since I am a vig owner, I thought I would post here. I got a little peaved this weekend as my wife and headed to the poconos in my vig for a nice weekend. when traveling north on I81 i came up on what looked like a an early 2k 93, gray with tinted glass and a nice pipe coming out the back. unfortunately thay saw me coming which I had the cruise set at 80, and kept speeding up I quess afraid of what they saw coming:D. instead of getting a chance to check out another saabers ride which looked nice by the way. they consistently sped up, I stop trying at 95mph to get a look especially with the wife in the car. I just dont get why some people think everyone wants to race. look guys we know our cars are fast especially at highway speeds. but we gotta stick together. maybe you are on this site maybe not. but come on next time lets slow down maybe share some stories at the nearest reststop. after all we are a small following.

·
Registered
428 Posts
2vwvwtech said:
I know this might not be in the correct post, but since I am a vig owner, I thought I would post here. I got a little peaved this weekend as my wife and headed to the poconos in my vig for a nice weekend. when traveling north on I81 i came up on what looked like a an early 2k 93, gray with tinted glass and a nice pipe coming out the back. unfortunately thay saw me coming which I had the cruise set at 80, and kept speeding up I quess afraid of what they saw coming:D. instead of getting a chance to check out another saabers ride which looked nice by the way. they consistently sped up, I stop trying at 95mph to get a look especially with the wife in the car. I just dont get why some people think everyone wants to race. look guys we know our cars are fast especially at highway speeds. but we gotta stick together. maybe you are on this site maybe not. but come on next time lets slow down maybe share some stories at the nearest reststop. after all we are a small following.
So true. I love seeing other Saab drivers wave to me and smile like an old friend at the occasional gas station or parking lot. I've even had a few random convos with other drivers, like we both know we've got something special... nothing better than shootin' the sht with a fellow Saaber.

·
Registered
771 Posts
i wish there was a saab enthusiast out here in az, i meet maybe two guys interested in my car, one was just a giant ricer who unfortunatly saw saabs had turbos, i've tried turning him, but its been hard, and i see him so randomly, the other guy is a former volvo owner who has a trans am now, but he loves my little saab, and always stops to compliment it when i see him

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
what i love is when you see someone driving a 9-7 or 9-2 who doesn't drive like a saab owner at all. partially indy alone, but they always cut me off. whenever i'm driving in the aero, i take off to show them how a real saab drives. ;) :cheesy:

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
saabchilten said:
what i love is when you see someone driving a 9-7 or 9-2 who doesn't drive like a saab owner at all. partially indy alone, but they always cut me off. whenever i'm driving in the aero, i take off to show them how a real saab drives. ;) :cheesy:
That's the way to do it. :cool:

·
Registered
917 Posts
VoLtAgE_PA said:
i always look at people driving saabs, stuck in traffic on I76...and no one ever looks back.......sadface
Same. :cry:

Not even when the hear the vrooooo fwsheeeeeeeeeee psshhhht of me catching up to them. :suprised;

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
KSpark said:
Same. :cry:

Not even when the hear the vrooooo fwsheeeeeeeeeee psshhhht of me catching up to them. :suprised;
When I let my car growl as loud as she can, it scares most other saab drivers.
They give me dirty looks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
most other older adult saab drivers...look at me funny when i drive past them..its like im disrespecting them or sumthing...i dont understand....or they give me this pist off dirty look....on a rare occasion ill get a thumbs up or a lil highway fun at 100+...lol

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Drew'sSaab said:
most other older adult saab drivers...look at me funny when i drive past them..its like im disrespecting them or sumthing...i dont understand....or they give me this pist off dirty look....on a rare occasion ill get a thumbs up or a lil highway fun at 100+...lol

they look at u funny cuz u got summit racing stickers and 1987209573497523732 other stickers, not decals on ur car lol....like everyone u know has said....take them off, ur car looks so much bttr without them

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I smile and wave to every Saab I see in the D.C. area; especially if the top is down :cheesy: . Most of them look at me like I lost my mind though...

·
Registered
803 Posts
I like to give the wave too. However, on the highway it doesn't happen very often. By the time another SAABer realizes I'm there I've already blown past 'em. Ha!
"They've gone plaid!"

1 - 20 of 38 Posts