SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was picking up a steering wheel from a guy that was parting out his 01 93 due to an accident and was peeking around and spotted a crossflow IC... Ive been looking to upgrade mine on my 98 for sometime now...
My question is should i get the Vig IC with hoses for 50 bux(maybe less even) or just get the hoses and get an ebay IC? Looking for a performance upgrade and at the same time reducing heatsoak during the summer..

What would you guys do??

·
Registered
841 Posts
If you can get the viggen with the hoses for that cheap go for it. Worst case is if you decide you want to upgrade more later on you have the correct hoses to mount a larger cross flow.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats exactly what i was thinking...is the Vig IC a major improvement over stock without a tune? And will it help with heatsoak better than my stock one?
If you can get the viggen with the hoses for that cheap go for it. Worst case is if you decide you want to upgrade more later on you have the correct hoses to mount a larger cross flow.

·
Registered
352 Posts
$50 is a great deal for Vig IC, go that route just for the price. It will boost better and heat soak will be almost non-existant without a tune. I just got a 28x8x3 Bar & plate cross flow for $79 shipped (no hoses or 90deg couplers). That is about the cheapest you can find that size in B&P. It is very similar to the ETS IC but is actually 4 in longer with cast end tanks too!

That's a great deal bro, doooooo it!

JT

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you say itll hold boost better and heatsoak will be non-existent then im gonna jump on it... Plus it comes with hoses and will be a direct fit.
$50 is a great deal for Vig IC, go that route just for the price. It will boost better and heat soak will be almost non-existant without a tune. I just got a 28x8x3 Bar & plate cross flow for $79 shipped (no hoses or 90deg couplers). That is about the cheapest you can find that size in B&P. It is very similar to the ETS IC but is actually 4 in longer with cast end tanks too!

That's a great deal bro, doooooo it!

JT

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx i will give it a try... Anyone else have any input before i go pick it up tonight or tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Should i also grab the lower rad hose off the 93 or is it not needed for proper hose fitment?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
375 Posts
It will work with your old style lower radiator hose, but the updated hose fits better. I ran my old lower radiator hose for about a year because I was too lazy to drain my coolant for one hose. But, for the price of the Viggen IC I'd do it in a heartbeat. I ran a MBC + A with a Viggen IC for the last year and they are a fun and cheap upgrade-but just a warning-it leads to wanting MORE POWER. I'm just about finished building my motor for a JZW stage 5 tune. If you need a MBC let me know as won't need mine anymore.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the IC will still fit and hoses will line up even with the older rad hose your saying? And how much you looking for the mbc?
It will work with your old style lower radiator hose, but the updated hose fits better. I ran my old lower radiator hose for about a year because I was too lazy to drain my coolant for one hose. But, for the price of the Viggen IC I'd do it in a heartbeat. I ran a MBC + A with a Viggen IC for the last year and they are a fun and cheap upgrade-but just a warning-it leads to wanting MORE POWER. I'm just about finished building my motor for a JZW stage 5 tune. If you need a MBC let me know as won't need mine anymore.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Picked up the vig IC today with hoses and proper 93 lower rad hose for 50 bux which i think is a steal and seller also threw in rear speaker grills which i needed... Planning on doing install tomorrow... Will update...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts