SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some 9-5s with Viggen bumpers on them
Do they just bolt on or is it a laboured process to fit?
They looked factory fit, but that could just be because they threw tons of money at it.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
most likely. the 02 and up bumper fits after a few mods. youll have to search the forums for the page on it though. doesnt look terribly difficult. but 9-3 viggen bumpers? i seriously doubt it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I actually think Chapel is correct. I've seen 9-3 Viggen bumpers fitted to 9-5s. However it must take a whole lot of fitting, cutting and general pain in the *$# work.

Joe

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maverickvii said:
I actually think Chapel is correct. I've seen 9-3 Viggen bumpers fitted to 9-5s. However it must take a whole lot of fitting, cutting and general pain in the *$# work.

Joe
Yeah, I'm talking 9-3 Viggen
I saw a silver 9-5 with a Viggen front end and it confused me for a while (thought it was some weird 9-3 Sedan... but then I saw the rear end)

I'll find the photo

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Isn't the 9-5 alot wider than the 9-3? BTW that is hotness!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Folks, the guy who did this to his aero....just simply extended the length of the bumper in the middle by cutting then adding an extension to match the width of the 9-5....i've seen photos somewhere before painting and installation....btw the 9-5 in the photos has front & back viggen bumpers.....but it looks damn good.

i already have a red viggen convt and i was thinking to install similar bumpers on my 2002 9-5 aero....what do you guys think? is it worth it or should i just leave the aero as is?

Opppps i just remembered that i can do that to my 9-5 since the bumper and the grill are one piece

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Personally I dont think the Viggen curves suit the 9-5, they are just too rounded against the lines of the car, but thats just my opinion ;)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i agree. the viggen kit is very nice and i would happily get a 9-3 viggen or throw that kit on a ng900, but those curves dont seem to quite work on the 9-5. it looks good but i dunno something just seems off about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts