SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I haven't been on here in a long time, anyway.
My brother was borrowing my viggen a couple of days ago and it has blown off an intercooler pipe. Not knowing what had happened he got it to his mates place, only a block away. I have had a quick look, saw the lower pipe disconnected, reconnected and was expecting no issue upon start up. when I started it it took 5 secs to tick over and is making a rough tinny rattle and idle. I didn't rev it at all and switched it off as I had to get back to work. Any ideas what this could be? Turbo failure? engine trouble?
over the past week it had been a little sluggish to start but it has been considerably colder than previous.
I went to try and have a look yesterday and apparently the alarm had been going off and the battery was completely drained. I had to climb through to boot to unlock it to take the battery to recharge over night. coincidence???

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. It has done just over 200,000km's and running a stg 3+ Maptun.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Get a video posted of the sound on you tube, then link it here to save you from wrong guesses. Try and make at least a 30 sec video. If you need to move the camera under the car, around the engine bay, etc. to hear it better, please do so.

As far as the alarm going off, what's the SID saying? The alarm box is under the plastic fender lining on the driver side (US left hand drive- might be different for you, dunno) up near the top door hinge. It has 2 10mm nuts holding it to a bracket. Remove it. Once the little box is out, remove the screws from the backing. You should see 2 batteries that look like slightly shorter AA batteries that are soldered to the tabs. Get a voltmeter, and probe the (I think) top of the left battery, and the bottom of the right battery. Technically I think it's the top of both batteries (that are facing inwards to the circuit board) as you're looking down at them. Since + from one goes to - of the other. They are 1.5 volts each, and should show 3 volts when testing voltage across both. If it's less than 3 volts running from both at the same time, just find a used box and replace.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your quick reply and directions, I will post a video as soon as I can get back over there. Unfortunately I have training for football tonight but would be happy to take onboard peoples thoughts in the mean time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts