SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'02 9-5 Aero Wagon, '88 SPG, '02 Viggen Vert, '01 Viggen 4dr, +Triumphs & MGs
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys - you would know. Is a viggen muffler setup with the tip (not the big boxy muffler but the oval bosal/saab) stainless? This is off a 2000 Viggen.

·
Registered
10,606 Posts
No. The stock Viggen muffler is not stainless. The Viggen Sport Exhaust, which was made by Remus, is stainless.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if it was stock or an option...as if I look to eEuro parts what they show for viggen looks like the regular saab muffler. The one I have looks like the remus that just sold on ebay - but it says bosal/saab on it. Has the welded on chrome tip and all....

·
Registered
10,606 Posts
The one they sell on eEuroparts doesn't have the correct factory tip from the look of their picture and their description. That was actually my muffler that just sold on eBay. It has a considerably fatter tailpipe than the stock Viggen muffler, but the tip itself is very similar in size and shape. It's a little fancier, though.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is funny - the one I got off the viggen looks just like yours - except not black, nor do I see remus on it anywhere. But the diameter is bigger than my stock exhaust I replaced with it. I have managed to aquire 2 of these things - and I am going to get rid of one and would like to know as much as I can so I can be an informed seller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts