SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my slipping viggen clutch. Car has 175km on it. Was replaced with an oem sachs viggen disk/pressure plate, fte slave and resurfaced flywheel. Also installed a gs braided clutch line and bled the slave properly with volvo dot 4+ brake fluid and the line with volvo dot 4+ fluid and has no bubbles in the system as its been fully bled a few times.

The clutch is still in the break in stage but feels horrible compared to what it did before. It was very stiff and reboundy. Now its a lot softer until the engagement point and absolutely no pressure after. Where as before it was the same all the way through the travel. How can I get my old pedal feel back?

Also I filled the transmission and rear mount with poly urethane cocking. The tranny mount had the holes filled and the rear had the v grove filled in until it was flush. The vibrations are unbearible at idle. I'm coming from a car with a full set of 70 durometer poly motor mounts and I loved it. But this right now is insane. At 900/1000 rpm it shakes the whole car and at any rpm above I feel nothing. How can I reduce the vibrations without cutting out the poly filling.

Also when releasing the clutch under 1500rpm the vibrations get 100x worse and sometimes when its low enough the car jerks feels like a misfire almost and shakes so bad I can't even feel what I'm doing with my foot to the clutch.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Turns out poly filling the rear mount is a bad idea and is causing me my vibration issues. Just have to cut out the fill and we will see if that works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts