SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ~190K miles on my original 2000 Viggen clutch. I think tha's quite a bit, but my mechanic said it could last quite a bit longer. I'm curious how many miles others have seen from their original clutch and how they would characterize their driving style.

As I said, I have 190K miles and I'm a pretty gentle shifter. I feather it nicely when I shift and never have dropped the clutch.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Geez, that's a crazy amount of miles. The first one lasted 60k, but that's because one of the springs popped out, not because of friction material. I also drive it pretty hard at times.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
176k on mine (I assume). The problem with a poll like this is that I am not the original owner, but I see no evidence to suggest that it is not original.

I'm working on my cousins Honda Civic, it has 221k miles on it and needs a clutch. I KNOW it is original (She has owned the car since 10k miles). In that case the clutch is probably fine, no slips or shudder, but the throwout bearings etc are making a racket. I imagine the friction material is worn down as well, but still doing its job.

·
Registered
10,270 Posts
I have about 80K on a Viggen clutch in my stage 4 '97 900SE. I put it in there when the car had just under 100,000 miles. I checked it when replacing the transmission less than 30K miles ago, and the clutch still looked great. I'm generally pretty gentle, but it has gotten slipped too much a few times on Seattle's steep hills.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Original clutch lasted to 169k. Now the upgraded viggen clutch needs to be changed at 278k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts