SaabCentral Forums banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Hosted a Carlisle prep event this weekend at the shop.

Did some software updates, fog light installs, maintenance and quick run throughs.

Got some more parts for the turbo build. -4 and -6 speed seal PTFE hose with steel ends. Went over to my neighbors and he showed me how to install the hose ends. He has an RB26 swapped 240 and he's done this before. :lol:

Slide the hose end over the line, and fray the braid outward to fit the brass olive.

Press the brass olive over the hose inner liner.

Push the fitting into the inner liner, add a little oil to the threads and tighten it down. And you have a nice clean hose end.

Only did the block side of the lines. Not positive on turbo location so I'm leaving the other end open until it's mounted and I know exactly what length and turbo side fittings I need.

Oh, and heres his 240.

·
Registered
805 Posts
funny looking Volvo!

Those 90s Nissan's still look brilliant, especially the S15 – it's aged beautifully. So many are banged up wannabe drift machines, but the clean ones you see now and then are hot, and 17 yo me still wants one.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
The manifold was the most complicated and important part to get done. And it's done! Matty said about 20 hours into it. Still have to make the full exhaust, intake tubing and compressor to intercooler piping, and then finish up the turbo oil/coolant lines. Should be 2 more weeks or so and it will be ready to run.

·
Registered
19,171 Posts
You estimated two weeks over four weeks ago. This is going to come up in your performance review. :cheesy:

That manifold is a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
It's been a while :)

Setup has been dialed in pretty well, knocked out some of the little issues you'd expect with a build like this. Got the engine cay cleaned up with some powder-coated stuff and added in Euro corners.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Drove the car out to SOC in Colorado and it was one of the best experiences I could imagine. So yes, you can build a 500hp Saab and drive it 4200 miles in a week without issue.

The Academy car we drove out to the Saab Museum in SD.

AirBnB out in Sioux Falls, SD.

Sioux Falls, SD.

The Badlands!

Saab Heritage Museum in Sturgis, SD.

Custer's State Park

SOC!

Never thought i'd put my car in a hotel.

The 9 Viggen VIPs.

Stopped in KS on the way back home.

I think it's time to end the build thread here. It's been an amazing ride and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Super Moderator
2,153 Posts
Great pics! Sounds like an amazing trip!

When you say “500 HP”, is that wheel or crank HP? Did you dyno the car?

121 - 140 of 156 Posts