SaabCentral Forums banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Thanks again. I feel he does great work. Did you get the Quaif?
Yeah, I got the Quaife!
https://shop.quaife.co.uk/saab-9-5-viggen-quaife-atb-helical-lsd-differential

What''s the rough cost of shipping coast to coast? Did you have to build a crate to hold it?
I have a friend that works for a freight company, so I got the hookup on price. From NC to CA i'd imagine it would be about 250 each way. I paid 125 each way. And yes, I cut a pallet, and built a wooden box around it.

What was done? Cost (is you don't mind) Thanks.
Full teardown and inspection. Replaced all the old synchros and updated a few parts. Mine needed a new input shaft and a few gears, so it got expensive quick. The Quaife LSD was installed and a few tolerances were tightened to accommodate the extra torque. Total cost was close to 2500$

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would like to know more about the Quaife. What are your thoughts? I know it will help/eliminate torque steer. What are the other benefits?

I am just trying to justify the Quaife.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Been busy this past month, finally got it running.

Transmission arrived.

Motor assembled.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Clutch on, and new injectors in.

What a mess. :roll:

Car has been sitting in the corner for almost a year. Nice to finally move it.

Bunch of new fluids.

And like that she's back on the road.

Currently running a stock file adapted for the 1050's to run on the stock turbo and the lightweight stuff for the break in period. Have about 500 miles on it so far. Should be putting the big turbo on in a month or so!

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
What got my attention is the stack of boxes with the UN 3268 hazardous labels.

Are you doing airbag recalls? I can't see a need for that many seatbelt pretensioners.... :cheesy:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Lol yes, we do a lot of the 9-3SS driver airbag recalls. We have to keep them until we have 70+ and can send them back to Orio on a pallet!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
And like that she's back on the road.

Currently running a stock file adapted for the 1050's to run on the stock turbo and the lightweight stuff for the break in period. Have about 500 miles on it so far. Should be putting the big turbo on in a month or so!

Looks great and sounds like it's going to be a monster, and that pic with the 9-5 is fantastic. :D

·
Registered
16,842 Posts
Mulchy:

I see some rust on your crankshaft counter weights... do you worry about stuff like that when rebuilding? Or is it just a little iron content that will wash out in the first oil change?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Mulchy:

I see some rust on your crankshaft counter weights... do you worry about stuff like that when rebuilding? Or is it just a little iron content that will wash out in the first oil change?
Because it was just surface rust from it sitting for a month it should just wash off with the oil. No big issues there.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Mulchy, why You don't install 300mm vented rear brakes from 9-5 Aero?
The improvement of the braking is remarkable.
I plan on it very soon. I have the calipers and brackets, just haven't ordered a set of lines yet. Benn more worried about getting it road worthy than anything else!

101 - 120 of 144 Posts