SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any place in the US to buy the Brembo GT kit for the Viggen? Id like the 4 pot 320mm kit.

I know a couple places in the UK but Id rather get it somewhat locally.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Saabsavior.com sells a 4-piston Wilwood kit for about a grand....

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, im really looking for the big discs as well. Something along the lines of the 993 Twin Turbo brakes.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'd be interested in a kit as well, although its just a regular 9-3. I'd be willing to custom fab it or have a pro do the same.

·
Registered
34 Posts
16volt said:
Yeah, im really looking for the big discs as well. Something along the lines of the 993 Twin Turbo brakes.
Just requires an adaptor that if not readily available, can be machined for not to much by any local machine shop. Any of the big name brake companies will work with you, they want the business. Stoptech comes highly recommended to me by some people, but Outlaw is by far one of the cheapest (though you might need to source the rotors from somewhere else).

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have been working with Brembo NA to get a kit that we will be able to find replacement disks easily down the road. Send me a mail I can give you the details. We do not have them for sale, will be more of a group buy kind of thing. There is not a huge market for these.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
stromer said:
will these be Viggen spec brakes only nick?
It's only fair if it is.. considering every single aftermarket SAAB disk I looked at last night says 'not Viggen' I started to feel a bit like Snoopy 'No dogs allowed.'

Those Black Diamond disks would've looked really really cool on the Vig too.

But this is kinda different because I just want a properly handed direct replacement for the viggen disks, but I'd keep the calipers.

·
12,576 Posts
Fast_Ed said:
It's only fair if it is.. considering every single aftermarket SAAB disk I looked at last night says 'not Viggen' I started to feel a bit like Snoopy 'No dogs allowed.'
Why not investigate the 9-5 aero discs, I'm sure they are the same size, 308mm diameter.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
As I remember, one of the sites offered Viggen brake discs as an upgrade to the 9-5 Aero. But that could be a typo, or a miscommunication. I'll definately check into this. If I'm gonna spend $225 a pair for disks (both front and rear about the same price..), I'd like to make it an upgrade rather than just a replacement, especially since the stocks discs are known to be incorrect (yes I know the slots barely matter in my driving, but I still want them to be right!)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
9-5 aero disc is the same as the viggen but with out slots.
From some where I got the info that abbott 308mm "upradage" discs are 9-5 disc with their own desing of slots.

·
12,576 Posts
Vigge said:
9-5 aero disc is the same as the viggen but with out slots.
From some where I got the info that abbott 308mm "upradage" discs are 9-5 disc with their own desing of slots.
That is pretty much all I did, as you cannot actually buy a better cast part for this car than the OEM [from a foundry engineers perspective anyway, Ford make a better part for the Mondeo/X-Type, second to that part is the GM 308mm disc] rotor, I bought some genuine plane discs and slotted them myself; funnily enough I bought my discs from a Vauxhall supplier, they arrived in GM boxes with Saab stamped all over them :lol: .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts