SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 9-5 Aero
I’ve had the car for 9 years. Stock 9 speaker unit. I’ve replaced, disconnected the battery over these years along with the key fob battery and have had no issues.
While I don’t use the radio that often, I replaced the fob battery last week, went to turn on this morning and got the code.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I thought radio codes died out with the NG900. What value is a code on a car where the stereo needs to be married to the car (DICE/TWICE) in the first place? Something seems off.

Edit: OIC. This is a bug. It needs to be remarried.

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
Changing key battery shouldn't affect anything. Was the car's battery replaced, or power to the car disconnected? Or even the battery got low on voltage, or some fuses pulled?

If the radio is not married, then yes you get RADIO CODE on SID.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Changing key battery shouldn't affect anything. Was the car's battery replaced, or power to the car disconnected? Or even the battery got low on voltage, or some fuses pulled?

If the radio is not married, then yes you get RADIO CODE on SID.
Car battery has not been replaced, no fuses pulled. My point exactly on key fob battery.... I will say the old fob battery was on its way out, because unlocking and locking was not as quick and I could hear a short whine after. But this is the only thing I’ve done in some time having to do with electrical repair so to speak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts