SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had severe vibrations on my car resulting in the replacement of a couple of the tripods and a motor mount, as well as wheel rebalancing. Since then everything is fine except remaining vibrations when accelerating in 2nd gear. Any idea what could cause this?

Also I noticed a whining sound that changes pitch in function of car speed. It's especially noticeable when at speed, releasing the clutch and letting the car decelerate. The whining then winds down gradually as the car slows down. I suppose it's a shot bearing or something like that. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
You have replaced the tripods but it sounds highly likely that at least one inner driver cup is worn too. They tend to go together. The whining certainly sounds like a bearing. Not enough info to suggest where, but probably transmission, maybe pinion.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Also I noticed a whining sound that changes pitch in function of car speed. It's especially noticeable when at speed, releasing the clutch and letting the car decelerate. The whining then winds down gradually as the car slows down. I suppose it's a shot bearing or something like that. Any ideas?
Does the noise change when you apply pressure to the clutch pedal? If so, it's the release/throwout bearing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pointer about the inner drivers, will look into that.

And no, the whine doesn't change in function of the pressure on the clutch pedal, it changes in function of the car speed only.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts