SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I dont do much hwy driving, but when i do, i get this horrible vibration through the steering wheel. and the car itself. the gear stick vibrates like crazy too.

I when and had my tires balanced, and the guy said my balance was way off. The least was 0.5 ounces off.

I got back onto the road and I still get the deathly vibrations at speeds over 55mph... it eases out at like 65ish and then gets worse again at spedds higher than that.

I was browsing the forum and read somewhere that the control arm bushing my be the culprit. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi we had horrible inner wear on our rear tires which caused excessive vibration above 70 Mph. Check your tire wear for a flat spots. Our tires were so badly worn that I could see the belt.

All this was caused by excessive negative camber, which I fixed with the GenuineSaab camber shims, an alignment and new tires. Haven't had issues since.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
shortly after i bought my car (at 40000 miles) i had a vibe that could not be cured after a couple of attempts at wheel balancing. i became annoyed and went to another garage. they balanced the wheels again and it was better but did not cure the problem. they did however, tell me that my front rotors were a mess and so i changed them myself and they were so rusty that it was they who were causing the problem. new brakes equaled no vibes.

food for thought...

good luck!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the guy that did my rotation did mention that there was feathering starting from the inside of the tyres...
How difficult is it to put in camber shims?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shortly after i bought my car (at 40000 miles) i had a vibe that could not be cured after a couple of attempts at wheel balancing. i became annoyed and went to another garage. they balanced the wheels again and it was better but did not cure the problem. they did however, tell me that my front rotors were a mess and so i changed them myself and they were so rusty that it was they who were causing the problem. new brakes equaled no vibes.

food for thought...

good luck!
Hmmm. new rotors and pads. Seems like an easier fix. I will look into that. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.