SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 01 SE wagon with 17" Aero wheels. I do love the car, but I've been having some issues getting warranty work done through the dealer and my warranty expires Friday! Up until now they have been pretty good to deal with (I had one location service manager say "I just can't keep working on your car and not get paid"), but problem is still not fixed and the warranty is still valid. Here they are:

There is a vibration in the seat of the car above 50 or so. I didn't feel it when I test drove the car, but noticed it on a long road trip. Now is REALLY noticeable. It feels like you're going over the whole car shakes. It may stop for a second then come back. Smoother roads are more noticeable. Doesn't matter if the car is in D or N. I took the car into Firestone and had the tires rebalanced on a Road Force system, then done again, then they recalibrated the machine and again. Then I took my original 16" wheels and had Firestone mount a tire and tested -- same issue so it isn't the wheels/tires. I took it into Saab who rebalanced it, replaced the rear shocks and after a week and a half has all but given up. They suggested a re-alignment. I took it to a high performance alignment shop who discovered a cracked engine mount (that's right I'm paying $80/hr to diagnose a car under warranty). Saab said they'd take care of it, but doubts that is the issue. What next??

Issue 2 is an occasional rough cold start (got to love problems that are obvious). The week after I bought the car when starting cold it idled rough. The turbo gauge jumped up and the car stalled. I thought "bad gas". It didn't come back for a couple weeks then happened again, but didn't stall this time. It does this once every 10 days or so. It only lasts for a few seconds but the car feels like it is going to stall. Saab thought it was the needed ECU upgrade, but it did it again after that was performed. Fuel pressure regulator? Bad plugs? DI cassette going out? Any suggestions before my warranty expires?

The dealer said it is up to Saab's regional manager whether they'll honor an "open ticket" (item not fixed but reported). Seems to me IF the issues was noted it should be covered -- especially the vibration which I've had 3 techs tell me they could feel it. Thanks

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
A cracked engine mount would lead to vibration, hopefully the shop have sorted this for you? Re the idling have you cleaned the throttle body and CPS? The CPS may need changing, but its not an expensive part.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motor mount is on order for tomorrow. The speed shop also said the right front CV axle as too much play (I don't know exactly what that means). 8 weeks of ownership and it all comes down to 2 days!

I suggested a throttle body cleaning -- happened once on my Infiniti. What is a CPS?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
CPS is the crank position sensor, its on the front right of the engine block and determines via the crankshaft when the pistons are at TDC (top dead centre).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts