SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I have a problem, but I want to ask everyone here before I go to a mechanic

Once in a while, when I accelerate from a complete stop, i feel a vibration and sound on the pedal and the steering wheel...if i could explain it, it would be similar to a sound of 2 pieces of metal rubbing against each other

I dont think it is the front brakes because this doesnt happen all the time and it only happens on gentle acceleration. also, it is common when accelerating from a stop to make a left or right turn onto another street

any ideas fellas? :confused:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Sounds are very hard to diagnose from 6k miles away. :eek: I would say worn brake pads moving in the caliper/warped disc if its a rubbing sound, but you're convinced its nothing to do with the brakes. Other thing to check could be a worn CV joint. :roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
serencavalier said:
bump

come on guys!!
Please refrain from bumping threads, the moderators (who read every thread) and the membership always offer help when they can, if a post does not get a response its because we feel we have no useful contibution to make.

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a problem, I am not sure from your description if we are talking about the same thing.

When I turn a corner, particularly when the road surface is uneven, I can feel a knock throught the steering wheel. There does not appear to be any play in the steering rack/ linkages and it has me stumped.
I suspect that there may be a problem with a ball joint or something similar, but my local Saab garage has failed to find the fault, or even appreciate that a fault actually exists.

But then they could not even adjust the brake cables properly,to balance the action of the handbrake

Sorry I cant help with a solution

·
Registered
49 Posts
worn sway bars? when the body rolls they may have play, or something in the suspension/steering assemblies?

real shot in the dark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts