SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mate's a BMW driver (boo hiss..... :) ). He drove my car recently and took the pee out of the fact that the cluch pedal vibrates with the movement of the engine. (He can't talk his beemer won't even drive :D ) Is there a problem with my car or is it the same with all 9-5's?

Cheers

Woodman

(N.B. I've had it chipped if that makes any difference)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Lets get this right, your BMW owning mate is ribbing you cos the clutch peddle vibrates a little and his sausage mobile won't run at all? Boy is he clutching at straws or what? :cheesy: I don't own a manual, but i have had pedals on other vehicles that vibrate slightly at idle. So long as the clutch bites properly on take up/down shifting i wouldn't worry at all, only worry if it vibrates on every shift or is sinking to the floor, that would indicate contaminated clutch plates, or master/slave cylinder problems. What condition is your brake/clutch fluid in? (they share the same reservoir in the engine bay) If it looks a light honey colour and is to the MAX fill height then all is good.:cool:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
My pedal vibrates with the engine, it's putting down 260 lb-ft, I just expect it. It's not a weird vibration or all that harsh, and the clutch engages fine. I think it's normal.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The brake pedal is just the ABS. I hate ABS, and I hate that if i touch a slight bump my ABS freaks out.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
OddyseusDSM said:
The brake pedal is just the ABS. I hate ABS, and I hate that if i touch a slight bump my ABS freaks out.
You're crazy, these cars have great ABS. It's saved my butt a couple times now. Lot better than my last cars ABS.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
ABS shouldn't be engaging over bumps, the only time you should notice it is when you hit the brakes HARD, you should then get a pulsing/pushing back sensation through the brake pedal. :confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think I can feel more vibration in both the clutch and the accelerator than any other car I've owned.

Maybe it's something I'll just have to get used to!

If I link it to how much disposable power I'm holding back - it helps me deal with it :lol:

Cheers

·
Registered
334 Posts
Kermits 9-5 said:
ABS shouldn't be engaging over bumps, the only time you should notice it is when you hit the brakes HARD, you should then get a pulsing/pushing back sensation through the brake pedal. :confused:
It happens over bumps with me (kicks back a very little, the kick back is just plain wierd to me), and I'm also not saying that ABS as a whole is a bad thing I just prefer non-ABS systems. Like I have a really distant feeling in my SAABs brakes as compared to the brakes on my eclipse or my sentra, must just be what i'm used to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts