SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just put new tyres , brake disks and pads on my Saab 9-5.The wheels were balanced in the tyre fitters. Since then the car has a vibration starting at around 70 mph and goes on to around 100mph . Ran out of road to see if this continued. Anyone out there got some advice as to what is happening? I couldn't see any problems with any of the joints or gaiters when i changed the disks and no trouble with the ride until reaching speed. Thanks for reading, and i hope someone out there can help. Cheers.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Were the hubs cleaned up properly so the disc fits completly flat? If not you are getting some "Run out" :confused:

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
NSL is 70mph, what are you doing over that? ;) I just had the same problem, the whole car started wobbling at 65mph and got worse the faster i went. I had the fronts re-balanced twice thinking it was them, it turned out it was the rears out of balance. I went elsewhere to get them balanced, as strange as it may seem, if the balancing machine is not balanced regularly it won't do the job properly. Now its nice and smooth at high'ish speeds. ;) :cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Good point, did you swap the tyres front to back, could be the rears need the balance (like Kermit said ;oops: )

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Yes the hubs were spotless and runout was miniscule. It could well be the balancing, and i'll take it somewhere else to balance all the wheels again. If this doesn't do the trick i'll get back on the thread and try some other advice.

G

·
Windy, I concur with the chaps. I had new front boots a month ago, the damn things were shaking something rotten over 70mph, took the car back and they re-balanced, still had the same problem. :x Took it to another shoe shop and they re-balanced them again. Turns out they were still out by 15 on one side and 10 on the other. Just goes to show ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrr :evil:

I had mine fitted and balanced on Friday, then I went back and they did them again:roll:

This morning two of the stick on weights are on the floor :evil:

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I have the same problem :( when i first purchased my new rims and tires, I had them mounted and balanced, then came home, installed the hubcentric rings, and the new wheels onto the car, and it was awesome... best ride ever, soon after it felt like i lost a weight or something. Sure enough i just notied yesterday, when i was washing the car that i am mising two little tape-a-weights on the inner rim :cry:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all.

Thanks for all your responses. It certainly appears to be pointing towards balancing problems doesn't it. I'm going to get it all re-done tommorow. I'll leave a message to let you all know what happens. Cheers:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts