SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have absolutely no connection to this car. I stopped by a garage I worked at about 35 years ago. Anyhow, they have a 1999 Saab 9-5, 2.3, green, no dents or rust. Need a good cleaning outside to be close to perfect. Inside is tan and almost perfect. It is a 2 owner car with records. Asking $1500. I would snap it up in a second if I a) Had money and b) didn't have a Viggen vert on jacks in the driveway. PM or whatever if interested.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Car runs great. I offered $500. After all it is a 99 9-5 with about 120 on the clock. Off the bat it needs motor mounts and I'm sure quite a few small maintenance items. Pan drop. I have a lot of 9-5 parts, including mounts, pcv, tune up.

Love to flip it, margin is thin and I only have 2 weeks before I am laid up due to knee (revision surgery, infection) for about 5 months. Any advice? I can let it sit for the 5 mos.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Car runs great. I offered $500. After all it is a 99 9-5 with about 120 on the clock. Off the bat it needs motor mounts and I'm sure quite a few small maintenance items. Pan drop. I have a lot of 9-5 parts, including mounts, pcv, tune up.

Love to flip it, margin is thin and I only have 2 weeks before I am laid up due to knee (revision surgery, infection) for about 5 months. Any advice? I can let it sit for the 5 mos.
If you can get it for $500 it seems like a no-brainer. At $1500, given how cheap Saabs are, you could get something newer. With 120K there is a decent possibility of sludge on that model year but you know that already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts