SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with my 9-3. (2004 model year)

In the year i've owned it, both of my front window motor's have died, and my cd player can't play a cd for the life of it. The steering wheel buttons stopped working, and every light on the front has died at least once (headlights/fog lights)

I love driving it, and these aren't very major problems at all, but when you can't put a window down nor listen to a cd, it tests your patience. I guess I just expected a bit more from it. The major parts of the car are performing nicely however (engine/trans, etc)

I might as well have bought the Audi :eek:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
KevinJD said:
with my 9-3. (2004 model year)

In the year i've owned it, both of my front window motor's have died, and my cd player can't play a cd for the life of it. The steering wheel buttons stopped working, and every light on the front has died at least once (headlights/fog lights)

I love driving it, and these aren't very major problems at all, but when you can't put a window down nor listen to a cd, it tests your patience. I guess I just expected a bit more from it. The major parts of the car are performing nicely however (engine/trans, etc)

I might as well have bought the Audi :eek:
Me- 2003 A4 1.8t- 1 dead front window motor, sludging problems., dead ABS sensor that also knocked out cruise control, uncooperative remote door key.
Audi's no better.

·
Registered
749 Posts
It looks like you are getting shorties in the system. A good guess would be that you will have similar problems until they locate the root cause.

Buy Asian if you don't want to visit your dealer more then for the scheduled service. If Audi was that good they wouldn't need any repair shops...or ? ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BRob2 said:
Me- 2003 A4 1.8t- 1 dead front window motor, sludging problems., dead ABS sensor that also knocked out cruise control, uncooperative remote door key.
Audi's no better.
Exactly my point. Before i bought the 93, i asked around about audi's, and heard nothing but bad things. But I do like the styling alot, which is why I made that comment.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
KevinJD said:
Exactly my point. Before i bought the 93, i asked around about audi's, and heard nothing but bad things. But I do like the styling alot, which is why I made that comment.
Gotcha. A4 does have a nice interior and lovely ride as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts