SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I know it's now middle of May but just after the clocks changed in April the 'day running' lights on my 9000 went out. I have checked the fuse and that's OK.

So, is this a very clever feature or have I got a fault?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bryan

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Boxman

All lights work OK on the appropriate switch - just they were set to come on with the ignition switch and now they don't.

Bryan

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
if the fuse is ok i wonder whether the switch has burned out, cant think of any other reason for the day lights not to work at all

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
DRL run from the same fuse that backlights the instrument panel. Do you have instrument panel lights? If so, then fuse circuit must be OK, if not then fuse circuit is the problem.

DRL don't work if headlight switch is set to headlights or park lights.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Superaero said:
DRL run from the same fuse that backlights the instrument panel. Do you have instrument panel lights? If so, then fuse circuit must be OK, if not then fuse circuit is the problem.

DRL don't work if headlight switch is set to headlights or park lights.
Hi Super

Yes, I have instrument panel lights and I understand that the light switch has to be off. The day running feature was ON all winter then, just as the clocks went forward, it went off!

Bryan

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
In Canada (and the US) they do. This was initially annoying to me because I don't like DRL's as they only illuminate the front of the car. I took out the fuse and the instrument panel backlight went out, which is a feature I've always liked about the 9000. However, the silver lining is with the instrument backlight out I am reminded that my lights are not on when i drive in the city at night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts