SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my '99 vert has a pretty saggy headliner and I'm wondering what can be done to tighten things up.

Do I pull the headliner out and wash it in hot water to shrink it? It is stained from being wet but the top doesn't leak now.

Are there cables I can tighten?

Anybody have any ideas how to deal with this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
147 Posts
mine does the same ...i track it down to some rubber band type ribbons on the edges..they suppose to hold the fabric in nice shape but are kinda stretched and old on mine so maybe replacing those...other then that the headliner has some foamy padding that deteriorates on mine..so maybe a fresh headliner would be better.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I tried a search first thing. Lots on a sedan headliner, not much on the convertible headliner.

The most I could find was to replace the headliner in the convertible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Vert Headliner

What is happening? is the plastic clip coming off one of the top "ribs" that span the top from side-to-side? my 02 has three plastic pieces that crimp/clamp/snap over ribs that run across the top.

If that's the situation, i cut some slots in the plastic rib (the part that's attached to the headliner) and used zip ties to go around the metal rib (that's attached to the top) - three zip ties and I'm good!

Smitty

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually, the headline is no longer attached to the forth bow.

So three zip ties later and I'm good to go.

Looks much better. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine just started sagging on one side on one rib this morning. What's the best way to access everything? It looks like there are some screws along the sides of the top. Do I just undo them to get access?

Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Access to Headliner

Yes, there are two screws on each side. Undo those and you should be able to reach up inside the headliner between the headliner and the conv top and do what you need to do. It's a bit blind and working with total feel inside, particularly in the middle, but keep at it - you'll get it done.

Good Luck. :D
Smitty

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the same problem with my '03 vert. I called my local dealer and they said I needed two clips, part # 5112404. They snapped in to hold the PVC type headliner pipe to the actual bow. There was a rectangular opening in the PVC and a round hole in the bow. (not sure if it's the 4th or 5th bow, but noticed I had the same type of clips in the front bow.) Worked like a charm and no more saggy headliner!:cheesy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts