SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the 02 vert back from dealer with a new alternator and now the top does not work. Nothing, no noise, no motors trying, nothing on SID, nothing! Checked fuses as per manual and all seem ok. Not totally sure it worked before taking it in as it has been cold here, but today was nice and now wife is not happy. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12,355 Posts
How long have you had the car? Have you replaced the SID? If the SID was replaced before you got the car, it might have been replaced with a non-convertible SID and that error messages are there, just not displayed... Ron

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have you had the car? Have you replaced the SID? If the SID was replaced before you got the car, it might have been replaced with a non-convertible SID and that error messages are there, just not displayed... Ron
I will check, we have only owned it since October, and now that you say it, I have never seen anything other than checking...ok on the SID. (other than the information the buttons display) The top worked when we got the car, but we have not tried it in the last couple of months because of winter. Went to try it right before the alternator went and nothing...would there be any codes set, it will cost me 50 bucks to go to the local Saab guy and get him to read them with the TechII so I kinda want to make sure there would be something there.

·
Registered
818 Posts
look in the trunk first and make sure someone

didn't hook the bag which the top drops into to get more luggage room.

Good luck,

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
didn't hook the bag which the top drops into to get more luggage room.

Good luck,

John
Yeah, checked that first and sure enough it was up...dropped it, reached in and made sure the micro-switches were out, tried again, nothing. Checked every fuse in the car, checked the maxi-fuses, reseat the relays (I know, nothing to do with the top I was just on a roll!) STILL NOTHING I love this car but I am ready to kick it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Almost sounds like the top computer is blown. You'd think the SID would say something.. ANYthing foul about the top not working!

Maybe the roof switch is full of old soda drippings?

Forgive me for not assuming but are you saying the SID shows nothing at all (i.e. bad SID)?

What happens if you try the roof switch with the front latches in place? It should bing-bong a latches message.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats just it, there is no message, no sound, nothing. The system knows though if I open the latch for the top the heat/air control goes to the 1-10 bars, as soon as I pull the latch back closed it goes back to automatic. The only time I get any noise is if I have it latched and push the switch forward like I am closing the top, then I get 1 bing/bong other than that nothing and no messages on the SID.

Yes the SID is working fine other than that, all the buttons work and the display changes when it should.

I don't hear any motors, it is just like the whole thing is dead. Am I looking at a trip to the dealer :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts