SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does your trunk space expand when top is up? like the picture below:

I have an 04 'vert, but mine looks like the smaller picture(pointed by the arrow) regardless of top being up or down. Is there something wrong?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
It used to. There are 'hooks' on either side of the soft trunk ceiling that are supposed to pull up the ceiling when the roof is raised. Nowadays only one side works so I have this angled soft ceiling hanging down when the roof is up. If I am putting much in the trunk I hold up the soft ceiling with my hand until it's loaded whereupon the ceiling sits over the cargo. I still have the full amount of trunk space as I did when both ceiling hooks worked.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Does your trunk space expand when top is up? like the picture below:

I have an 04 'vert, but mine looks like the smaller picture(pointed by the arrow) regardless of top being up or down. Is there something wrong?
My 05 'vert is the same as yours, had it 3 years and it's always been like it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It used to. There are 'hooks' on either side of the soft trunk ceiling that are supposed to pull up the ceiling when the roof is raised. Nowadays only one side works so I have this angled soft ceiling hanging down when the roof is up. If I am putting much in the trunk I hold up the soft ceiling with my hand until it's loaded whereupon the ceiling sits over the cargo. I still have the full amount of trunk space as I did when both ceiling hooks worked.
I see. I guess i will have to see what happened to those hooks in my trunk. In fact, i've just purchased the vert yesterday. Not knowing about the whole hydraulic pump failure thing, i am just appalled to hear some horror stories on top hydraulic pumps here. Mine seems to be fine so farbut i think there is some chance of the dreaded failure happening to me since mine being an '04 model. What good preventative measures can be done to at least delay the failure? any other vert owners want to chime in? any input is appreciated..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts