22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Garrett said:
Does your wife agree too...:lol:
She dont look anymore :cheesy:

G

·
^^^Ha ha- sounds like a personal problem...:D

Make sure you give us before and after numbers on the performance benefit of this mod :p

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Garrett said:
^^^Ha ha- sounds like a personal problem...:D
Yep :cry:

I was in hospital recently and the nurse asked her if in her opinion my ankles looked swollen.......

Quick as a flash, she said - "Nope its his body that looks swollen!" :eek:

Garrett said:
Make sure you give us before and after numbers on the performance benefit of this mod :p
Well, it lets a little more intake and induction noise out as well as that damned loud "phutiiiiiissssshhhhhh" :p

So I reckon an extra 5 bhp easy ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good idea, is the intake sound noticably louder? IMHO it would look better if the angle of the vent matched the wheel arch angle, still nice though.
Tom

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tommyjr said:
Good idea, is the intake sound noticably louder?
Nope :lol:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Looks great Chris! Great idea! :cool:

How'd you think of that anyway?

(Soon he's going to cut out his roof to have one of those huge sunroofs that seem to be in style now... :eek: )

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
That looks great. I have to say if I ever find an 04 Aero in Laser Red I'm going to steal that idea. How large are the openings in the vent because they look very small.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I was walking by an Impreza today and noticed it was missing its right side vent. Chriiiiis, where'd you get that? :nono;

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Subaru mount them the wrong way round :roll:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I personally wouldn't do it, but i think it's a pretty clean, and clever idea to help air flow to the intake... not very many other options to do this that look 1/2 as decent IMO.

·
Registered
956 Posts
looks very good. did a good job on that. it takes some guts to be cutting on a nice car like that! it looks like it flows very well with the car though. thumbs up!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
Subaru mount them the wrong way round :roll:
I think they work either way, but you'll probably have more air going in due to the open edge, in the air flow.
Looks cool!

CSE_20

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm sorry Chris, but i think they look silly, or "boy ricer" as i believe you guys across the pond call it.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
You mean "boy racer"? I don't like or dislike them. To be honest unless Chris had pointed it out i probably wouldn't have even noticed the black vent on black bodywork. ;oops:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts