SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The knob for my vent selection is impossible to move with the stock "toilet paper roll" thing.
As a matter of fact, it was so hard to move I broke that stupid thing.

So for the winter I jammed a flat head screw driver into the selection thing (?) under the dash and moved to defroster.
Now that it's warming up and I've fixed my A/C, I redid the process and moved it to vents.

Obviosuly you can tell the problem now, I shouldnt have to resort to a screwdriver :(
I'm guessing something may need lubed? Or is binding.
Where and what exactly is this moving? The only three things I can see under the dash (from passenger side) is the temperature selection, recirc (which is motororized) and the selection knob thing (?)

EDIT:
I'll add pictures tomorrow so it's easier to see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
The knob for my vent selection is impossible to move with the stock "toilet paper roll" thing.
As a matter of fact, it was so hard to move I broke that stupid thing.

So for the winter I jammed a flat head screw driver into the selection thing (?) under the dash and moved to defroster.
Now that it's warming up and I've fixed my A/C, I redid the process and moved it to vents.

Obviosuly you can tell the problem now, I shouldnt have to resort to a screwdriver :(
I'm guessing something may need lubed? Or is binding.
Where and what exactly is this moving? The only three things I can see under the dash (from passenger side) is the temperature selection, recirc (which is motororized) and the selection knob thing (?)

EDIT:
I'll add pictures tomorrow so it's easier to see what I'm talking about.

Very common problem with the air diverter drum. There's a well published mod that uses a screw inside the right hand exit to ease the problem. A bit if dry lube won't hurt either

You'll have to remove the glove box and then the duct between the air box and the right hand dash vent.

One of mine is so bad I'm going to pull the dash and replace the darn thing. I don't expect that to be a fun job but I am looking forward to getting into the system to find the root cause of the problem.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help.

Win_k to my rescue for the A/C and vent position! :cheesy:
I still have my glovebox out, will take a look tomorrow and try this screw mod.
From there I'll either have to buy another TP roll, or perhaps make my own (thinking a couple u joints) ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts