SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Goodmorning,
First, I would like to commend all of this forum's members for the extremely knowledgeable and useful information and of course the overall atmosphere! I am new to the saab world and this has been an excellent source of reference. Throughout my " homework" process I decided that I would "go with" some assorted Maptun products as most of the reviews have been outstanding. I also read that Velocity Tuning here in Connecticut was the place to go. I called and was greeted by Steve Deluca ( the owner/ operator) with enthusiasm! As one could imagine I had many questions and sometimes my questions had questions!!! Mr Deluca was extremely curteous and very informative. Mr Deluca asks questions and helps create a gameplan to meet performance goals and budgets as well! WE decided that Stage 2 was a good way for me to " test the waters" All of the neccesary hardware was on time and the tuning process was flawless! Mr Deluca continues to follow up with friendly tips and advice (even on some of the mods that he didn't supply!!!!!) all in all I couldn't be happier. We are now well on our way to Stage 4 and I am looking foward to working with Mr Deluca and his great products in the future!

2005 9-3 ARC VERT w/ Maptun stage 2 program, air filter, 3" downpipe, Maptun boost gauge,Maptun strut tower bar, Eibach Springs, camber bolts, custom welded subframe connectors, AERO wheels, 08 " Iceberg" taillights, custom welded subframe connectors. Coming soon- Stage 4 w turbo upgrade, Brembo brakes , and maybe some staggered 18"s

·
Registered
143 Posts
Has anyone else gone to Velocity Tuning, live right over the border in Mass and thinking about maybe checking them out. Do they do custom tunes?

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
The guy hasn't responded to any of my last 2-3 emails. And he doesn't list a phone number on his site that I can find. I seen his "company" on here and tried to catch him before he got off, didn't work though and I got no response yet again. If that was even the real Steve Deluca. Kind of poor customer service if you ask me (my 2 cents).. I'll probably just bite the shipping charge and order my bumper, brows, and strut bar (specifically for eye candy lol) directly from MapTun.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Obviously mixed bag of reviews. Haven't ordered anything but did get an email response within an hour in regards to the strut brace. I might have to take a gamble since the shipping is way cheaper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr pacotaco,

Im actually a little offended as i am aware your "witty" advertising comment may have been shot in my direction. Funny thing is you happened to be one of the aformentioned knowledgeable and informative members I was referring to! Apparently my enthusiasm isn't appreciated! I had a great experience and i thought i would share.... Not even a "welcome aboard" !!!

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Mr pacotaco,

Im actually a little offended as i am aware your "witty" advertising comment may have been shot in my direction. Funny thing is you happened to be one of the aformentioned knowledgeable and informative members I was referring to! Apparently my enthusiasm isn't appreciated! I had a great experience and i thought i would share.... Not even a "welcome aboard" !!!
It just seems strange that your first post is all about supporting a company. Also strange that you have such a strong knowledge of the members after 2 posts.

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
shut up... its advertising and not only that the shop owner stepped in here too. i personally dont care but on most sites is spamming, infact here its spamming... there are places for shops to advertise, spamming the post with shop reviews from someone with no posting experience is not necessary. dont spam

if you want to disclose your pleasurable expirence with the shop post it in off topic dont put stuff that does not belong in the modification and tuning threads

im gonna say it again so you dont get all mad... its one thing if you are a common poster on here and you give a little talk about a shop and place it in the right place but its another when you walk in here and your first post is one promoting a shop

here leme throw this in here too
Forums: Terms & Conditions of use

1. There is strictly no free advertising, including commericial market research or commercial product support allowed anywhere or in any context within these forums unless the member is an existing Saabcentral sponsor.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
This is only second hand experience, but from what I saw, I must say that Velocity Tuning seem like scammers.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
It seems odd to me that they don't list an 800 number for customer support or a physical address of the business. The only email listed is a gmail account... Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Steer clear, you have been warned

Shadiest of businesses, I came over the "other" saab forum and several members over there have been burned by this so-called business...

From what Ive been told by at least 4 people is that he never answers emails, uses classic switch-and-bait tactics, asks you upfront for your money, takes FOREVER to deliver things, and when he does, delivers the wrong things. The problems go on and on and on and...

If you are bent on Maptun (there are better choices) buy direct from them.

Or even better RUN AWAY! Go to established businesses like GenuineSaab or VTuner. Do your homework and check BBB, or deal directly from the manufacturer (BSR, vTuner, etc)

:nono;

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
alright who ever is creating sock accounts can quit it....
saabster2010
Saabguy1250

and if your going to mention the other brands atleast mention JZW

·
Registered
249 Posts
DO NOT USE THIS GUY :nono; you've been warned...
I have not patronized either establishment, but everyone here seems to have nice things to say about Brian at VTuner - so please don't confuse the two
http://www.vtunersaabs.com/

That's not an "advertisement" just a "clarification" :cheesy:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pacataco,
Fair enough. I have been surfing for quite a while before i decided to join this forum. I like many do my "homework" about my peers as well as vehicle information. My comments regarding Mr Deluca and the professionalism I have recieved as well as info and advice are all genuine. I am quite aware that bad news travels fast and as such thought that exemplary service should be rewarded as well. I'm sure you would agree!

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Pacataco,
Fair enough. I have been surfing for quite a while before i decided to join this forum. I like many do my "homework" about my peers as well as vehicle information. My comments regarding Mr Deluca and the professionalism I have recieved as well as info and advice are all genuine. I am quite aware that bad news travels fast and as such thought that exemplary service should be rewarded as well. I'm sure you would agree!
The main intent of this site is to share information about the cars thats why there are specif sections devoted to cars and different things you can do. if you did you hw you would have read the terms and conditions, and i mean come on its a no brainer that you do not advertise a company flamboyantly when its your first post.

if you want to talk about velocity tuning and all its goodness take it here http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16 im sure people will be glad to discuss their opinions there, but there is no need to post something like this here.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I would have to agree with pacotaco.. This is considered as being an advertisement and is against forum rules as stated above.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh gotcha, so the performance mods entrance to this section was misinformation. I like the fact that I am being a gentleman and you are throwing snarky comments about my reading abilities. I thought that info regarding who what where and when regarding " performance mods" were acceptable. Is it perhaps that i dont have to fabricate my own parts ;) i can actually buy them! Pacotaco stick to your diy intakes or i might post a little info on my viper to show you a real back road god! Yeah,done by a guy named John Hennessey but then again you would think I was posting from texas!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts