SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 2.5 years of researching looking and finally ordering... they are coming from Sweden via Canada to good old NJ USA :cheesy:

Well that's my hope anyway... found a dealer in Canada that said they would order them for me. Of course he couldn't understand why I couldn't get them in the US. After explaining that it was basically not possible for Saab USA to order them because of legal issues, I had to go outside the country.

I thought Canada was restricted as well, but I guess not.

When they come in I'll be a happy fella.

Finally my baby will have a name. :lol:

Jim

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JPUConn said:
my car has Vector Door Sills, does this make it more rare and valuable? :cheesy:
Apparently it does. They stopped putting the door sills on because they were sued for using the name Vector. Part of the deal was to stop putting badging of any kind on their car and changing the name the following year.

Hence the Aero label now...

I'll be happy to share, but first I want to make sure the order actually went through. It only happened today so I'm not even sure if they have actually been ordered yet.

Once I get some kind of verfication I will be happy to pass along.

Jim

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Viscouse said:
Jim, based on your experience, is there anything incorrect here:
www.mrandmrs-g.net/SGFOG/item-e15.htm ?

Good job getting those! I think you're the first person to retrofit them!
They're pretty rare in the US.
The numbers match what Saab told me. Originally I was going to order from the UK as Saab Sweden suggested but Canada has a better exchange rate and shipping should be cheaper.

They said 83 Cdn so I think that's close to $60 US each. Not cheap, but hell I think it makes the car...

We shall see.

Thanks for the link. I wonder if those instructions are accurate. "remove the sill, replace with new sill." haha

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts