SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know if a tf80sc from an awd volvo fits 2007 93 2.8? I found a seller but all he knows is it says tf80sc on a plate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Really hoping to get some info here, amazingly there is NOTHING online on compatibility of these, which I've never run into before (I'm pretty good at researching stuff). If you look at ebay/reman listings it would have a ton of makes and models included, but I believe not all of them are the same.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here's a small update - the guy is now saying it was a 2009 93 2.0 saab xwd, which I didn't even know existed. Here's the plate, will this fit me? Also, why is it so beat up?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
You'll probably need to look at Aisin documentation or transmission rebuilder info to find that data. I did some research into the AF33 5 speed, and there were a couple of different valve bodies for that.

EDIT: Aisin AWTF-80 SC

·
Registered
9,521 Posts
the guy is now saying it was a 2009 93 2.0 saab xwd, which I didn't even know existed.
I have 2009 2.0T (210hp) XWD. Car first owner was General Motors Finland (Finnish importer).
Automatic gearbox is same as FWD, difference is transfer case.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 2009 2.0T (210hp) XWD. Car first owner was General Motors Finland (Finnish importer).
Automatic gearbox is same as FWD, difference is transfer case.
Cool, thank you! Is it crazy to buy this for $300 with 180k miles on it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is wrong with the valve body you have ? Look at the Trans Go kit #SK TF80SC if your having issues the are listed that it fixes go this way, your already pulling the VB and it's much cheaper then a used 180k VB.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is wrong with the valve body you have ? Look at the Trans Go kit #SK TF80SC if your having issues the are listed that it fixes go this way, your already pulling the VB and it's much cheaper then a used 180k VB.
No idea what's wrong, it has the classic symptoms of a bad valve body. I previously looked at a kit with actual solenoids, and it cost almost as much as a used VB. Your idea is interesting, however:

1. What tools/knowhow will I need to use it?

2. I read that the valve body itself "wears out", and also something about the parts inside the VB related to torque converter going bad?

Does this kit solve all known VB issues? I can find "rebuilt" units for around $400-450 online.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most Trans Go kits are drop in parts, and repair the issues they have listed with there kits. I have used many of them on domestic vehicles through the years and the do what they say they will do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most Trans Go kits are drop in parts, and repair the issues they have listed with there kits. I have used many of them on domestic vehicles through the years and the do what they say they will do.
I'm reading the manual, could you explain the steps in these pictures? Do you grind off the notches on plastic connectors from the harness? What's the point of this and does the harness come off easily?

What are these bonded gaskets and do you need to buy them separately?

Do you always do the plate mods or just the solenoids?

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While I'm waiting on the info, does anyone know when the "bad batch" of TF80SC ended? Wouldn't it be rather safe to buy used from 2009, if it was addressed by then?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I always drill the plates were they tell you to, the kits include the correct drill bits .As for the clips just follow the directions Trans Go puts a lot of R&R into their kits.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always drill the plates were they tell you to, the kits include the correct drill bits .As for the clips just follow the directions Trans Go puts a lot of R&R into their kits.
What about "bonded gaskets"? Is this something that needs to be ordered separately? Have you done a TF80SC before?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts