SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so I just installed a Forge BPV and am finding that it's a mother f^%$er getting the vacuum tubing back on. I have two questions...

First, any suggestions to make it easier?

Secondly, I'm thinking that it might be so difficult because the hose is stiff and deteriorating. Any idea how much hosing (ft) I should buy if I want to replace the OEM stuff? Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've just replaced all mine with 4mm bought from PFS. Might be a good idea to wear thin gloves, as the old rubber tubing tends to have a sort of powdery coating on it where it's starting to perish, and this gets into every little bit of your hands and takes ages to get rid of. I had dirty hands for about a week afterwards.

As already said, only do one hose at a time as you'll never remember where they all go.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have read reports of 4mm ID hoses becoming loose.
3mm ID is nice and tight so very little chance of one of them popping off.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Gazolzwurf said:
I have read reports of 4mm ID hoses becoming loose.
3mm ID is nice and tight so very little chance of one of them popping off.
I had 3mm and when trying to remove it after a while I ended up breaking a nipple off of the manifold. I wasn't being overly forceful or careless either. I have 4mm and it's very solid and at 15 psi it's never blown off even without zip ties. I'd rather have some loose vacuum hoses that I can put small zip ties on than something too tight that won't ever come off or breaks off the nipple in the process. But of course, everyone bases their opinions off of experience, so choose that way! :cool:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just installed a forge bov today with the 4mm silicon and after some force it would fit. The nipple on the forge is larger then the stock bov so it takes a little work to get on. Any tips on connecting hoses to manifold?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
romberg2 said:
I just installed a forge bov today with the 4mm silicon and after some force it would fit. The nipple on the forge is larger then the stock bov so it takes a little work to get on. Any tips on connecting hoses to manifold?
Push them on? Mine stay just fine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gazolzwurf said:
Sack the old hose and get 3x metres of 3mm ID

Snipe nose pliers and a stanley knife required.

Do ONE hose at a time ;)

Thanks, I'm going to order some tonight. This old hose is just a mess. Maybe a little color will brighten up the engine bay as well :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Oh, good idea is a cup o boiling hot water :) dip your hose end to be inserted into the hot water, soften it up and it should slide one nicely.

Have fun!

Michael

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Kermit said:
Washing up liquid is another good un for stubborn hoses.
AKA: Soap. :roll: :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts