SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i have a vacuum leak some where...or maybe a line is misplaced
earlier my turbo gauge stopped working it seemed and the needle was straight up on the gauge and car seemed to run ruff i popped up the hood and seen a hose hanging next to where it seemed to connect i put it back and the gauge worked but i still was hearing a hissing sound i think maybe from the hose that goes to where the fuel comes in at the car seems to be idling ruff and seems to be a lack of power... when i switch gears it kinda stuters and when it sits it idles up and down
does any one have a diagram for the vacuum hoses or a picture
car is a 1989 900 turbo its a 4 door

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Look on the fender / wheelwell near the fuse box!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Look for split hoses

Look for a split hose where it's pushed onto a connection. I found all kind of split hoses by the charcoal canister on my NA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i did find a couple and i fixed them buts its still acting funny i still think i hear a leak.. check engine light comes on now i wounder if its anything to do with fuel...
its idling funny wanting to die then high and when i switch gears it bogs down.. like its starving for fuel for a second..
laaaame

·
Registered
55 Posts
The ol 89' computer

The leak can cause the check light to come on sometimes when you least expect it; then, it's off. I had all kinds of problems holding idle and bogging down when I pressed the accelerator; then would let up on the gas and then press again and would be okay, especially when the engine was cold. I ended up replacing the fuel injector computer with a rebuilt one from Fuel Injection Corp (FIC) I found on eBay and all is good now. I think the idle circuit on the 89' computer is weak and it's just a matter of time when you have to replace that computer; so start looking for a newer one or I really like the rebuilt one from FIC. Don't expect the computer to just fail outright, they go bad like brakes; slowly with idle and drivability issues. See if you can find one from a 90-91 and swap it in. You can research the part numbers at http://homepage.mac.com/ljwest/test/LHparts.html.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts