SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Was looking at all the vacuum lines, and noticed that the push to connect fitting on the vacuum pump where the main hose connects to is loose / broken and the hose just falls out.

Is this a bad thing?

Would this give a Misfire code?

Can the fitting be replaced?

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
It is bad, and it could cause leaks, which if bad enough, could potentially cause a misfire, but that seems extreme for a vacuum leak. To replace the fitting, you need to buy the entire bushing that fits into the intake manifold, and just use the red piece. Throw the rest in the trash. The red part is the same for all of the push fittings. The intake manifold bushing just happens to be the only relatively inexpensive part you can buy that comes with the red part.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hi All
Was looking at all the vacuum lines, and noticed that the push to connect fitting on the vacuum pump where the main hose connects to is loose / broken and the hose just falls out.

Is this a bad thing?

Would this give a Misfire code?

Can the fitting be replaced?
That's part of the brake booster vacuum hose. I know that when I broke my brake booster hose, my car ran like crap. It idled really rough and felt like it was going to die. I think that hose being partially disconnected could definitely cause a misfire.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Depends on where its broken... at the intake side yes it can cause a misfire, at the csm driven vacuum pump it wont. There is a check valve that sllows air to flow from the vacumm pump but not the other direction.

·
Registered
713 Posts
"The red part is the same for all of the push fittings."

I'm sure I have two sizes of red collar on my 2004. The one into the manifold vs. the one into the cobra. The diameter and the number of tabs inside the collar differs, so get the right one!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Take the red fitting AND the o-ring that is deep down inside. Since you're going in there you may as well do the O-ring as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Removed the red fitting and the dried out O-ring
Installed a new fitting and O-ring
No more code!
Thank You!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts