SaabCentral Forums banner
1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  first-saab 
#1 · (Edited)
2001 saab 9-5 V6 - Vacuum lines

Hello,
I need some help.
I can't seem to find a vacuum diagram for my 2001 saab 9-5 v6

The issue is it idles rough. And stalls out.
I've replaced both DICs, Throttle body, plugs -NGK.

I want to check the vacuum lines, and make sure I've checked them all.
Does anyone have any advice on what to replace them with? Blue silicone lines?

#2 ·
Use 4mm silicone lines, what ever color you like. Buy a 10 foot length to be sure to have enough. Remove the old lines one at a time, cut a new piece the same length or slightly longer, replace before you forget how the old line was routed.

Maybe that last step only happens after age 50. ;)

#6 ·
The car may only require 6 or 7 feet of vacuum line. Ten feet is obviously more than needed but you won't have to worry of running short even if you mess up when cutting the long line last and cutting it too short.

#5 ·
There's such a rats nest of hoses back by the firewall that I can't imagine a diagram would do a whole lot of good. I bought a length of standard rubber hose at NAPA and just replaced them all one afternoon, one by one. A lot of the ones by the firewall are pretty short, and not all that easy to get to.

Kochiha, The coolant lines are all different sizes, and molded in weird shapes to fit around various bits in the engine compartment. It's best to stick with hoses that are made for your car.

#9 ·
Amazon sells the silicone lines. I would also replace the plastic PVC valve, its most likely cooked. I moved mine away from the original location on top of the TB, towards the fire wall and away from the heat. Check all air/vacuum hoses around the throttle body area. I had one that had collapsed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.