SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I bought a 2003 9-3 cabrio a few months back as a project. It ran perfectly when I bought it outside of a leaking water pump. I was able to test drive it since it wasn't overheating, and there weren't any issues, codes, or check engine light. I used a code reader and was able to see that all systems were complete. I drove it on a trailer and took it home, took it apart, and replaced the water pump. I had a couple of vacuum hoses that weren't in the best shape and replaced them along with a few I had to disconnect to get to the water pump. There was a bit of time between my taking it apart and putting it back together and basically was guessing at where the hoses went. Now it runs really rough when it's cold and gives the code p0453, along with two other codes that basically read "manufacturer code", and one transmission code that I can't remember. I know I've done something screwy with the hoses but I can't find a viable diagram to use as a reference to put them right. Does anyone have diagrams or just maybe pictures of your motor close enough to see the routing of the vacuum hoses? It's the ecotech 2.0 turbo with the "turbo tower" in the front of the motor. If this information isn't enough I'll get the information someone needs, I've really fallen in love with this car but I can't get a tag with codes, besides, I want it to run like it did when I test drove it. Please help......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should be a vacuum diagram on the radiator crossmember... Yellow sticker IIRC.
You are correct, sir. I feel silly since I've been researching this for days, literally. I could have been spinning that turbo all this time. I'm all over it in the morning. Thank you so much, I literally laid on that sticker for an hour changing the water pump.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts