SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
vacuum hoses

Can anyone direct or have a pic of the vacuum hoses of the 9000 2.3 aero engine (1997) I need to replace all of them but most of them are not in place and some I can't remember where they go. Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
engine

i have a '97 9000 aero manual tranny. I need a pic of the engine to see how and where the vacumm hoses are plugged. please and thank.

·
Registered
171 Posts
On my '93 Aero, there's a simple diagram on the L side of the engine bay. For replacement, get 15 ft or so of 3 mm silicone vacuum line and go to town. I ended up using about 22 ft, but I have TCS. Managed to find a local speed shop that carries Hose Techniques hose. Also, use small zip ties where the hoses connect. Silicone tends to slide off easier than rubber, a lesson I learned the hard way on my 944 Turbo.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
They don,t have to match original, just as long as you get them all. There is enough spigots on the manifold to get them all independantly rather than use a T

1) short piece from one spigot to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail
2) short piece of rienforced hose to the MAP sensor up on the false bulkhead
3) long piece from the manifold to the dump valve on the inlet pipe ( originally this was T piece sharing the route to the boost gauge but recommend an independant run)
4) long piece going inside the false bulkhead, under the inside front dash to the boost gauge
5) short piece from the engine valve cover, via a non return valve to the manifold ( not recommended to replace with silicon hose, it doesn,t like the oil vapour)
think thats it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.